Parents matter! They are important in every aspect of a child’s life. Yet today, government-run schools are determined to disrupt the parent-child relationship and create barriers so that parents are left in the dark about what their children are exposed to in the classroom.
That doesn’t sit well with parents so it’s time to send these government officials a message: Parents have rights!
The Parents Bill of Rights Act (H.R. 5) was just introduced to protect parental involvement in all federally-funded K-12 schools. The bill confirms that parents should have the right to:
- Review their school’s curriculum, reading materials, and state academic standards.
- Lawfully engage with their local school board and educators.
- See a school’s budget and spending, including detailed information about revenues and expenditures.
- Protect their child’s privacy.
- Keep their child safe and be updated on any violent activity at school.
The bill is moving swiftly through the legislative process. Your voice matters in this conversation and legislators need to hear from parents now.
Tell your legislators to support Parents’ Rights!
- How To Talk About: Education Freedom
This IWV communications kit addresses misperceptions and includes a Q&A, talking points, and a glossary of terms.
- Debunking Education Freedom Myths
We talk with Corey DeAngelis about some of the most common school choice myths.
- Education Savings Accounts and Homeschooling
We address questions about ESAs and home education.
- How to Find Education Options