Biden’s new rule wages war on freelancers and destroys flexibility—help us fight back.
The Return of COVID Authoritarianism. Just Say No!
Children, who are COVID-19’s lowest risk population, are once again being forced to make enormous sacrifices even after the end of the pandemic.
Shutdowns, mask, and vaccine mandates are again being pushed in schools and by their powerful allies.
In higher education, Dillard University in New Orleans brought masks back. Rutgers University and Georgetown University have also mandated masks and over 80 colleges and universities are still mandating vaccines. At the University of Michigan, students who test positive for COVID-19 must leave campus, or isolate themselves, much to their confusion.
Teachers unions are flexing, at students’ expense.
Teachers unions are too eager to close schools, demand masks, and keep parents quiet and fearful. Those unions have powerful partners willing to push the message that COVID is back.
- Former White House official Dr. Anthony Fauci is back in the media, saying “there’s no doubt that masks work,” and urging people to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) latest guidance. We now know that masks don’t work, from the most comprehensive analysis of studies on mask efficacy conducted by Oxford epidemiologist Tom Jefferson.
- Teachers unions influenced the CDC and the Food and Drug Administration and urged the Department of Justice to investigate parents who challenged school closings and prolonged masking.
- When President of the American Federation of Teachers Randi Weingarten was criticized for shutting down schools, President Joe Biden personally called her, saying, “I am not abandoning you on schools. I want you to know that.”
- Teachers unions demanded and got $200 billion from taxpayers – which to date has not been spent!
These actions have had disastrous effects on our children. Our children are paying the price with the loss of two decades of learning, mental health issues including depression and anxiety, and according to the CDC, an increase in developmental disabilities in children due to prolonged masking.
“We know children are largely safe from COVID,” said IWF’s Education Freedom Center Director Ginny Gentles on Fox News. “This is always a low risk population and masking only harms children, particularly children with special needs. This desire to do something and the something being masking has to stop.”
Citing the now famous line, “The child is not a mere creature of the state,” from the 1925 Supreme Court decision in Pierce v. the Society of Sisters, Gentles continued:
“We have known for a long time that parents have the right to direct the upbringing and education of their children. But somehow school districts have forgotten this and want to hide information from parents. And that’s why it’s important to stand up to them.”
Mandatory masking in schools is unscientific, unfair to kids, and purely political. It is our right as parents to decide what is best for our children, including sending them to school without masks.
Is your school requesting masks?
Take action today and push back on mask mandates at your school. This template letter provides a starting point for you to express your concerns with school officials.
Is your local newspaper pushing powerful union-crafted messages? Tell everyone! Here are resources on masking, closures and parents rights to help you write a letter to the editor. How To: Write a Letter to the Editor
Learn more about masking:
- Two Truths and a Lie: Children and Masking
- The Downsides of Masking Young Children are Real
- I’m a Doctor. Here’s Why My Kids Won’t Wear Masks This School Year
- Let my children take off their masks, the science says it is safe
- Mandatory Masking of School Children is a Bad Idea
- Young kids are at low COVID risk in schools, but masking them could do long-term damage
- It’s 98 Degrees Out. Why Is My Child Wearing a Mask?
- Mask Mandates Did Nothing. Will Any Lessons Be Learned?
Learn more about the effects of school closures:
- Policy Focus: Learning Loss
- Two Truths And A Lie: Learning Loss
- FACT CHECK: Is There No Such Thing As Learning Loss?
- Hearing | The Consequences Of School Closures
- Hearing | American Education Opportunities
- Students Going Back To School Shouldering The Weight Of Pandemic Learning Loss
Learn more about how to take control of your child’s education: